The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing / using this website.
Policy key definitions:
- "I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to Gas-Tec Fife Ltd and by association heatingfife.com
- "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and/or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we do not partake in electronic marketing activities, or pass our customer information to third party companies. We only record information to allow us to provide you with information about our services which you have requested directly from our websites using our website enquiry forms.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Cookies that we use are;
- Google Analytics
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Links on our website
Our website does NOT contain adverts, sponsored or affiliate links. We do however feature links to third party websites for information purposes. This is so you can read customer reviews, find out more information about specific boilers available from our manufacturers, or find out information from governing bodies which regulate our conduct when dealing with our customers and websites users.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any links found throughout the website.
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
Updated Last: 07/08/2018